Home/Support/Keyboards/Infinity ErgoDox/Ergodox only works on linux and mac … will not work on windows
Ergodox only works on linux and mac … will not work on windows 2016-12-27T02:38:18+00:00

Hello WhiteFox Forums Support Keyboards Infinity ErgoDox Ergodox only works on linux and mac … will not work on windows

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #4343 |

I don’t have much to say about this other than the kii-dfu gui did not work at all so i had to flash my keymap via cmd prompt (windows 10).

the keyboard proceeded to not work, and when I tried to follow the linux instructions I noticed that it works perfectly on that; i then tested on mac and it works there as well. I ordered this thing in may of 2016 and I still can’t use it.

Upon trying to figure out wtf was wrong with it i noticed that when its not in debug mode the drivers shown by zadig are not correct. they are correct when in debug mode. this lead me to try to reinstall the proper driver only to find that you cant with zadig. I decided to look up why that was and all i saw was posts along the lines of “oh there is no point in putting that capability in zadig because it’s so easy to do otherwise that it would be pointless to add it. i followed instructions to uninstall the drivers or whatever for the keyboard from within the device manager such that windows would install the missing drivers upon a restart. needless to say windows did nothing.

does anyone know how to get the default drivers on to the ergodox so it will work on windows, in the event that windows will not install them itself?

Tim
    Participant

when in zadig it tells me winusb is the driver on the ergodox (before i press the debug/flash key) once the red light is on and it is ready to be flashed it has the correct driver.

How can i put HidUsb on the ergodox to replace winusb?

Tim
    Participant

So i plugged the keyboard into a visa machine and it installed the hid drivers automatically… it asked for a CD though but i just told it not to ask about the device and now it works…. not entirely sure why this is the case but i’m just glad that i can finally use this thing.

Tim
    Participant

never mind … the keyboard still will not work on windows 10 …

Tim
    Participant

………………………..

so it turns out my computer was automatically installing the incorrect driver … so after getting the correct driver off the aforementioned vista machine i put the correct driver on a flash drive. I was planning on uninstalling drivers from device via device manager in the control panel and then selecting the file on the flash drive for the reinstall, but i’m not sure that’s what ended up happening, … somehow the correct driver made it to the ergodox… it all works now … i’m just not sure if what i planned on doing would have or did work because i somehow managed to do it or something else unknown to me, without noticing, that solved the issue.

neopill
    Participant

Hey Tim.. Thanks for the information cuz I have one and it’ll be use for my Win 10 rig Video Edit rig.. I will be reading this again once I finish the build.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  neopill.
    PE
    Participant

I think I’m having similar issues — my ergodox works fine on my mac and linux machines but not my PC. It seems to work fine on other PCs though, which makes me think I may have accidentally deleted a driver from my computer I wasn’t supposed to. Whenever I load up zadig, it says “0 devices found” (even if I’m in flash mode). Can anyone give me any guidance on what drivers I need to reinstall, and how?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.