Hello K-Type Forums Support Keyboards Infinity ErgoDox [Help] 'Slave' hand on Infinity Ergodox not working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #4320 |

Hi all,

I posted this on Reddit, without any luck, so I’ll copy paste it here.

I’m having some issues with my newly built Ergodox infinity. At home, the keyboard works fine with a cable from the PC to one hand, then another cable from that hand to the other.

Bringing my board to work though, the keyboard only works when each half has a cable run from it to the PC. However, if I try to plug one hand into the other, whichever hand is not directly plugged into the PC will not work. It’ll power on and display the I:C logo on its display, but I can’t switch layers or type anything.

Is it some sort of driver issue? I’ve tried switching which hand is plugged into the computer, but I get the same results, so I know each hand is individually working, so I’m a bit baffled. Any wisdom would be appreciated.

RagingRoosevelt
    Participant

Have you flashed both sides of the keyboard with the right and left firmware files?

ZeroGravitas
    Participant

I just flashed both, but tinkering around, I’ve traced the issue to the interconnect cable. It seems to be REALLY picky as to what you use there. Does anyone have any suggestions for 6 inch USB-C cables that have been known to work with daisy chaining?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.