Home/Support/KLL/Neo-Layout, Documentation, macros
Neo-Layout, Documentation, macros 2015-11-06T01:49:31+00:00

Hello WhiteFox Forums Support KLL Neo-Layout, Documentation, macros

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #1540 |

Hello my dears,
    great work, im impressed, which is a good reason to dive deep in. I have several questions, and suggestions, I’ll start with three.

EDIT: I just read a entry in this forum regarding the same issue. Appears to be not supported… saaaaadly…
    1. Iam trying to get used to this layout:
    http://www.neo-layout.org/
    In the bottom of the page you can hoove over the different layers where you can see german ö/ä/ü ‘umlaute’ and ß, up to greek letters and accents and so on.
    Iam a Philosophy student and I need to write in greek from time to time, so one of my reasons to buy this (still satisfying) keyboard was the announcement “fully programmable” (which appears misleading for some people?).

– It appears that it doesnt include utf8 chars? I cant write them down in the KLL file?
    – SO: I need to build a work around with my OS, right?

2. Iam searching for the compiled version of this Tex-file. I could indeed compile it myself, the documentclass is missing, but I guess (as far you didnt define new commands) I could just change it. But nevertheless I guess not everybody is capable of TeX.

https://github.com/kiibohd/kll-spec/blob/master/main.tex ->> Pdf

3. I guess its possible to programm macros? for example “shift+alt”? Im using emacs, could in come handy.

(4.) I could make a list of problems I ran into (as a newbie), it might be helpfull to make a better, sorted, guide?

sincerely, thank you,
    v.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  lpoik.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  lpoik.
    lpoik
    Participant

I would be Thankful for a reply.

Have a nice day ^^

Leo Verto
    Participant

Hey Ipoik,

unfortunately I can’t answer your questions, but I’m also looking to use Neo2 on my Ergodox Infinity.
    While searching if such a thing already existed, I stumbled upon this modified Ergodox firmware which has some pretty good looking keymaps we could port to KLL once it gets proper i18n.

Leo

Jacob Alexander
    Keymaster

utf8 is a limitation of USB HID.
    I have some ideas on how to get this, but it’ll require a sort of driver (it’s in my longer term todo list).

One way I used to get around this was defining an OS layout that had all the characters I wanted, then create a KLL layout that functions the way you want it to.

Kevin
    Participant

If you’re working in Windows, you might be able to work around the UTF8 problem by using the ALT+NumPad way to enter arbitrary values as macros from KLL. I don’t know if this allows more than just the standard 256 character ascii values, but a German friend of mine uses that trick all the time while using a US layout keyboard…

lpoik
    Participant

Hi Back,

I was a little bit inactive, but I read your comments.
    Dear Jacob,
    you wrote:”I have some ideas on how to get this, but it’ll require a sort of driver (it’s in my longer term todo list).”

I would definitely appreciate if you could do this. I’m using Linux at home, windows at my Families workstation and, you guess it: Mac at the university.
    I decided to buy this keyboard cause I hoped I could program it in NEO-LAYOUT and be portable with it — it is very hard to learn a new layout if you have to switch all the time.
    I’ll just remind you that “fully programmable” might be misleading for a few persons, as it was for me.

You wrote it will take some sort of driver, which means the solution you’re thinking about is still OS depended?
    Please don’t let this project sink into the abyss, because you have newer “more exciting” things going on.
    I’m still waiting to use my keyboard :-[

sincerely,
    v.

Jacob Alexander
    Keymaster

It gets a bit tricky moving between different OSs.

Can you see if Alt codes (or something similar) is available on all the computers you use? If it is, I think it might be possible to set something up.

lpoik
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply. I will give it a try, I have stuff going on till Sunday, I try to investigate this question, thanks a lot for your quick reply.

But still: http://www.neo-layout.org/
    take a look at the deeper layers, its filled with greek letters, which i need for papers, and movement keys.
    You think it would ever be possible to implement these into my ergodox?

Thanks for your support, means a lot to me.

viktor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.