Hello K-Type Forums Support Keyboards Infinity ErgoDox The Next Things To Make

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #3131 |

We just launched the Aluminum Top Plates for the Infinity ErgoDox on Massdrop after having hundreds of requests.

Since people seem to be interested in this quite a bit, we would like to explore what other keyboard options we should build. We have been doing quite a bit of design work behind the scenes to fix certain problems that have been present in all custom keyboards, such as fixing the switch plate cut-outs, stabilizer sizing, and making Type-C the new standard connector for keyboards.

Let us know what else you’d like to see here!

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  info.
    Pazuru
    Participant

How about a middle plate that allows us to screw in arms to adjust the angle of each half. Like this

PCallathan
    Participant

Not really an accessory, but I would love to see a fully programmable number pad that can be chained to the ergodox.

PCallathan
    Participant

A decent tilting add-on would also be greatly appreciated.

Thomas
    Participant

I’d really like to see a full aluminium case.
    A tent kit would also be nice.

Cheezmeister
    Participant

A carrying case would be nice. Toting between work and home is a dangerous affair.

info
    Keymaster

We’ve actually been thinking about doing a carrying case, but as you would imagine it does take an entirely different skill set to make a bag than it does to design a keyboard. We will keep our eyes out though!

b0n3z
    Participant

I agree with Pazuru, PCallathan & Thomas. We need tilting (tenting). A tent kit that works with previous/current versions would be awesome.

Christian
    Participant

Having just finished assembling and programming my shiny new Infinity Ergodox, I agree that some sort of Tenting add-on would be a huge usability boost.

Sander
    Participant

I’d love another opportunity to get the kit!

muh
    Participant

Yes, a tenting/tilting solution would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
    Participant

Quoting myself from my post in Any plans for an Infinity Numpad?, because I didn’t notice this thread in time:

I actually want two numpads… one that’s setup as a normal numpad and attaches to the top of the right half, and a mirrored one that’s setup as an “F-keypad” and attaches to the top of the left half. This would make for a very vaguely square-shaped keyboard, which I think would work well with how I like my desk laid out. My ultimate goal is integrate it all into a fully adjustable base that supports tenting, varying the separation and angles between the left-right halves and the top-bottom “halves”, and a built-in USB hub.

Although the location that’d I want for that USB hub part kinda requires tenting, so it might not work for everyone.

billputer
    Participant

I’d be interested in a good tenting solution as well as more options for cases.

JRo
    Participant

I am really happy with my thumb cluster and palm keys customizations (see https://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/thumb-hack-3-2-in-partial-sa-jukebox-t15715.html). The one additional improvement would be to move the display from above the outer columns to above the inner thumb cluster. For me, the display is blocked by my tall Row 1 SA keys.

If input.club were interested in pursuing this, I will build you one for your usability experimentation.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  JRo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.