Hello K-Type Forums Support Keyboards Infinity ErgoDox The Next Things To Make

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #3131 |

We just launched the Aluminum Top Plates for the Infinity ErgoDox on Massdrop after having hundreds of requests.

Since people seem to be interested in this quite a bit, we would like to explore what other keyboard options we should build. We have been doing quite a bit of design work behind the scenes to fix certain problems that have been present in all custom keyboards, such as fixing the switch plate cut-outs, stabilizer sizing, and making Type-C the new standard connector for keyboards.

Let us know what else you’d like to see here!

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  info.
    Pazuru
    Participant

How about a middle plate that allows us to screw in arms to adjust the angle of each half. Like this

PCallathan
    Participant

Not really an accessory, but I would love to see a fully programmable number pad that can be chained to the ergodox.

PCallathan
    Participant

A decent tilting add-on would also be greatly appreciated.

Thomas
    Participant

I’d really like to see a full aluminium case.
    A tent kit would also be nice.

Cheezmeister
    Participant

A carrying case would be nice. Toting between work and home is a dangerous affair.

info
    Keymaster

We’ve actually been thinking about doing a carrying case, but as you would imagine it does take an entirely different skill set to make a bag than it does to design a keyboard. We will keep our eyes out though!

b0n3z
    Participant

I agree with Pazuru, PCallathan & Thomas. We need tilting (tenting). A tent kit that works with previous/current versions would be awesome.

Christian
    Participant

Having just finished assembling and programming my shiny new Infinity Ergodox, I agree that some sort of Tenting add-on would be a huge usability boost.

Sander
    Participant

I’d love another opportunity to get the kit!

muh
    Participant

Yes, a tenting/tilting solution would be greatly appreciated!

Dave
    Participant

Quoting myself from my post in Any plans for an Infinity Numpad?, because I didn’t notice this thread in time:

I actually want two numpads… one that’s setup as a normal numpad and attaches to the top of the right half, and a mirrored one that’s setup as an “F-keypad” and attaches to the top of the left half. This would make for a very vaguely square-shaped keyboard, which I think would work well with how I like my desk laid out. My ultimate goal is integrate it all into a fully adjustable base that supports tenting, varying the separation and angles between the left-right halves and the top-bottom “halves”, and a built-in USB hub.

Although the location that’d I want for that USB hub part kinda requires tenting, so it might not work for everyone.

billputer
    Participant

I’d be interested in a good tenting solution as well as more options for cases.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.