Hello K-Type Forums Support Keyboards Infinity 60% X and windows overrides Keyboard configuration?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #1883 |

This happens in windows and linux, so I guess it has to be the same “issue”. The problem is that while I flash my Infinity Keyboard with the default bin. The keyboard layout from windows is set to latin american, and therefore the keyboard doesn’t works fine, because adds an “ñ”. The same happens with linux too (setting the keyboard with setxkbmap).

I would expect that my configurable keyboard doesn’t care about OS setup. Is there any way to solve it or workaround this?

Regards!

PS.- I’m asking because I have different keyboards 😛 for different things, so I’m switching between them.

Jacob Alexander
    Keymaster

Not quite? USB by default only sends US ANSI codes. It is up to the OS to determine which locale to convert to. I’m looking into some ways to force locales, but the behaviour isn’t always the same between different OSs..

Pablo Olmos de Aguilera C.
    Participant

I understand.

So that’s mean I should create a udev rule to run setxkbmap when connecting the keyboard? (or maybe a script). Normally I have both keyboards connected, so I guess the latter would be best.

Jacob Alexander
    Keymaster

Yeah, at least until I can figure out a more seamless solution (this sort of thing applies to all keyboards), a udev rule (or something related to evdev) would be the way to go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.